Saturday, December 29, 2007
In other news, I have started working on building a little storage room inside the shop. We needed some extra storage space so we decided to make a place there. While tearing down the styrofoam stuff off the ceiling that the previous owner had put up, we found some wasp nest. There were always tons of red wasps in there last summer and now I know where their home was. These are the biggest wasp nests I think I have ever seen.
Something interesting has happened since Margo's wreck. We have received approximately six letters so far in the mail from lawyers wanting to help us get the money we deserve. I think this is terrible and feel sorry for anyone who actually buys in to that crap and believes that these lawyers are really just concerned about helping others.
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Here is the picture that was on our Christmas card this year in case any of you did not get one. We always try to do something funny/creative.
I also thought I would share a Christmas carol with all of you. This is the funniest rendition of O holy night that I have ever heard. Click here to listen to it. Listen to whole thing because it gets funnier as it goes on.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
On the way home the other day, Margo got ran into. An old guy pulled out not seeing her and hit the back passenger side of the CRV. This was Margo's first wreck and the first for the CRV. It did not hurt Margo but the CRV is going to need some work. We are just waiting on the guy's insurance company to get their stuff done so we can get it fixed.
I went back to the doctor for my final follow-up today. He released me and cleared me to go back to my usual routine. So, when I got home I cut some wood for the first time in a month and a half. Speaking of wood, I have more wood for sale now if you know anyone who needs any.
Now, for a random current event. Today they (I am not sure who they are) released the top 10 quotes of 2007. I think number 2 is my favorite. Here is a list:
10. "I think as far as the adverse impact on the nation around the world, this administration has been the worst in history."
Former President Jimmy Carter, referring to the Bush administration in an interview with the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette newspaper
9. "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."
Sen. Joseph Biden, referring to rival Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama
8. "(I have) a wide stance when going to the bathroom."
Idaho Republican Sen. Larry Craig, explaining why his foot touched the foot of an undercover police officer in an airport men's room
7. "I'm not going to get into a name-calling match with somebody who has a 9 percent approval rating."
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, a Democrat, referring to Republican Vice President Dick Cheney
6. "There's only three things he (Republican presidential candidate and former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani) mentions in a sentence: a noun and a verb and 9/11."
Sen. Joseph Biden, speaking during a debate for Democratic presidential candidates
5. "I don't recall."
Former U.S. Attorney Alberto Gonzales' repeated response to questions from members of Congress about the firing of U.S. attorneys
4. "That's some nappy-headed hos there."
Radio personality Don Imus, referring to the Rutgers University women's basketball team
3. "In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country."
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, during a speaking engagement at Columbia University in New York
2. "I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and Iraq and everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for us."
Lauren Upton, the South Carolina contestant in the Miss Teen America contest, when asked why one-fifth of Americans cannot find the U.S on a map
1. "Don't tase me, bro."
Andrew Meyer, a senior at the University of Florida, after being hauled away by campus police during a speech made by Sen. John Kerry
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Here is us hanging out in the hot tub.
I also wanted to show you a pic of one of my projects last week. Steve restores and collects old gasoline pumps. So, I patterned a bird feeder after one and built it for him for Christmas.
This is the pump I patterned my feeder after.
Here is the finished product. It turned out pretty good I thought.
Another side note about the trip.... We went to church this morning with everyone and when we walked in I saw a very nice lady who used to be a secretary at the Middle School in Mena. She gave me a hug and then asked how my hand was doing. I was puzzled by this because the only time I see her and talk to her is when I go to their church down in Mena. I asked her how she knew I had surgery a few weeks ago. Well, I was surprised out that she reads my blog, I had no idea. It just goes to show that you never know who is going to read what you write online and I better be careful about what I say. I think it would be very interesting to find out who all is reading my blog.
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Here is an updated picture of my hand. It has been a little over a month since I had surgery and a few weeks since I had my stitches removed.
Thursday, December 06, 2007
Look how fashionable they are. They even make wearing christmas themed flannel pajama bottoms look good.