Esther is 9 months old today. We can't believe how much she has grown and changed and how fast it happened! She is more like a toddler than a little baby now. She has a personality and likes to show it! She had her 9 month Dr. check-up yesterday. She weighs 19.5 lbs (70th percentile) and is a little over 27 inches (50th percentile). The Dr. gave her an A+, said she looks great and developmentally she is doing things that 12 month olds do.
Here are some of the things she is up to:
- Crawls everywhere, and she is fast. We've had to put up several baby gates to keep her out of trouble!
- Pulls up on everything! She loves to stand and has now learned how to get down from standing too.
- Cruises around the furniture. She walks around the coffee table, goes between the table, couch, and recliner.
- Will walk if you hold her hands. We know it won't be too long before she takes off on her own.
- She has mastered the "pincher" grasp, so she can feed herself. She still loves all baby food but is eating some real food. She will feed herself pieces of avocado, banana, beans, cereal bars, green beans, puffs and more.
- She can drink out of a sippy cup.
- She babbles all the time and likes to screech and squeal.
- She loves all of our animals. She squeals every time she sees one of the dogs or cats and loves when she gets to pet them.
- She is finally cutting her first tooth. It has just popped through her gum.
- She is so fun and we are loving every minute with her.