Today is Clara's 3rd birthday. I know I say this on every birthday, but I really can't believe she is 3. The time has flown by and I can't believe I don't have a baby anymore. A few highlights about Clara:
- She knows all of her upper and lowercase letters, numbers, colors, shapes. She is getting better at counting out objects and can write about half of the letters.
|Practicing her writing|
- She loves to draw, color, and cut paper with scissors. Some of her drawings actually look like things now.
|Clara and the dinosaur she drew|
- She has a great imagination and loves playing with her dolls, play kitchen, and building things with blocks.
- The girl loves to make a mess. If there is dirt, water, or anything messy she will find it. I can't keep liquid soap in the bathroom because she dumps it out to make bubbles in the sink.
- She is really funny and always keeps us laughing with her antics. She is always singing and dancing. She makes up songs and never just walks somewhere. She talks in silly voices and will do anything to get a laugh.
- She is very social and extroverted. If anyone comes to our house, Clara runs out to greet them.
|Clara all dressed up|
For months she has been saying that she was going to have a rainbow cake and chocolate milk for her birthday. She also requested hats and blowers. This morning we took the girls for donuts and chocolate milk, a major treat in our house. We also made her a tye-dye/rainbow cake.
|With her birthday donut|