Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Family get together and the new farm animal

I know it has been a while since I have posted but it has been pretty boring around here. All I have been doing is building fence. But, last night my (Josh) family came over. My sisters kids (Patrick-6, Isabelle-5) flew in the other day and are staying with my parents for a week. So, my parents and the two kids and my brother and his two kids (Lincoln and Keylor) came over. We had dinner and went fishing. It was a pretty good time. The kids had a good time fishing, they caught a bunch of bream. I think I need to have a new contest. The 'Catch a Catfish' contest. There are tons of catfish in the pond but we have yet to catch one, the bream get the bait to quick. We also got a few chickens the other day- 2 roosters, 3 hens, and 7 baby chicks. They are a lot of fun. They have already began laying eggs. The roosters has been crowing also which is a great sound, when you hear it you realize you really are on a farm. It does get a little annoying when it wakes you up at 6am.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, i remember when patrick was born. and that's my first official "old person" comment. they are all very cute kids.

Anonymous said...

i love reading your blog! we are going to come see you on your farm one of these days - can't wait! mom schulte