Saturday, November 11, 2006

Deere, John Deere

I have a tractor. No, it is not mine, I am just baby-sitting it. It is actually Margo's parents'; it was originally Margo's mom's dad's (Margo's grandfather's). I don't remember what year it is, but it is somewhere in the 1946 or 1947 range I think. Margo's dad recently had a mennonite guy he knows fix it up so it looks nice and will run good. Anyway, Margo's dad lives in town and he decided to bring it out to my place where I might can use it a little on the farm. I am really excited to have it, not just because it is useful but because it is really fun to just drive around on. It is so old it has a crank start on it, the thing that you wind around in a circle on the front to get it started. I had never used one of those before, it was really fun. Even though new tractors are really nice and can do a lot, I like the old antique ones better I think, they are just a lot of fun to use.

1 comment:

John Nelson said...

Dude! That's freaking awesome!