Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Garden Update

The garden is doing pretty good. For some reason, I have had a problem with my corn this year. I hope it turns out okay in the end but it has been struggling. Everything else seems to be doing pretty good. We have small green tomatoes on the vine and we should have squash and zucchini towards the end of this week. I am happy it is the time of year again for fresh veggies. Here are things that we got this week.

We harvested our garlic a couple days ago. It turned out pretty good. I planted less this year because I had way to much last year. Our favorite way to store it is to take the skins off the cloves and then put the cloves through a food processor to chop it up. Then we put it in zip lock bags, flatten it out and freeze it. Whenever we need some for cooking we just break off a piece of frozen chopped up garlic and use it. It works really well this way and is a lot easier to store and use.


Yesterday we picked our first green beans of the season, and this evening we canned them.

No comments: