Sunday, November 14, 2010

Privatization

Not of Social Security, but of this blog.

I wanted to let you all know that we are thinking about making this blog private. This is something we had always talked about doing when we had kids. I don't like the thought of random people that we don't know out there knowing all the things I put up on here about our Family. It seems like in a worse case scenario some creep could use the information to do something bad. I know that may seem like crazy thinking to some of you, but I just don't like knowing that any crazy person out there can have access to Esther's life through this blog.
If we do this, it means there will be an added step of signing in, in order to read our blog. And you probably won't be able to read it through a feed reader or rss feed (if you don't know what that is then that won't matter to you). I know this means that we are going to lose readers. Even I tend not to read some blogs of our friends because they are private. But I think it may be worth it. I will continue to have this blog even if we lose all of our readers because I think it is a great way to document our lives and have a record of it for the future.
So, let me know what you think. And let me know if you would like an invite to be able to continue to read our blog.
I will let you know later in the week when we decide for sure about this and send an invite to whoever requests one.

13 comments:

kate said...

I'm game. I already have two I read, so once I'm logged in for one I am good to go! :)

Anonymous said...

oh, that would be a shame. I'm a feed reader. I dont bother with newspapers which are full of stuff I'm not interested in, where 9 out of 10 articles are so depressing. So, instead, I subscribe to over 250 blogs (and rising!) I just pull them offline to read on the tube. Thats why I wont be able to catch yours any more.

I am actually gonna miss this one. but, I also think that by making this blog private, you will be protecting your family. And nothing is more important than the safety of your family.

I would just like to say, Thank You. Although we have never met, and probably never will, living on opposite side of the Atlantic, it has been a real pleasure to have a glimpse of your life. Especially to see the joy that Esther has brought to your family. I wish you all the best in the future. Life is not easy in this system, but with love and faith you can get through. 1 cor 14: 4-8

See you around.

Rebecca said...

It will be worth any extra steps on our part to be able to read the blog AND be sure Esther & your family are safe - send me an invite.

Emily said...

yes, you know I want an invite!

House of Daniel said...

Yes, we would want an invite!

Jaime said...

i read & would like an invite. i understand. :)

Dani J said...

We want an invite of course.

Anonymous said...

Invite please
Debbie D

(Do I have to have a blog for you to invite me??)

Kritter Krit said...

Invite, please. :-)

Unknown said...

Invite to the Coffmans, please!

Anonymous said...

I will definitely keep reading... please send me an invite, too.
Annie

Emily said...

Requesting an invite...I'd like to continue stalking you in person and online.

Anonymous said...

Invite please! I love reading your posts! :)