Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Esther Update

Sorry that we have not been updating very often lately. We have been extremely busy with some things going on around here. More on that in the future. For now, I thought I would give you an Esther update.
She is growing like kudzu. She is starting to get a little personality. She coos a lot, grins and laughs, plays with her toys, and more. She has started doing this really cute thing where if you are holding her, she will smile really big at someone else, and then turn her head and bury it in our chest like she is bashful or flirting.
Last week was the first week with both Margo and I back at work. Margo is going to work part time (three days a week). We decided to leave Esther with a good friend of ours, Kristy, while we are at work. It was kind of hard/sad to leave her there for the first few days but we are getting used to it. It feels like there is someone else raising your kid and that you are going to miss something. But, I would much rather that person be Kristy than a random person at a daycare. I think she is probably getting tired of me calling a couple times a day though.
She had her 4 month doctor visit today. She weighs 14 pounds (50th percentile) and is 24.29 inches tall (40th percentile). She has definitely grown since her last visit.
Now for pictures!!!!!!!!!

Here is Kristy with Esther

Here is Kristy's daughter Sophie with Esther. Sophie started kindergarten this year so it worked out perfect for her to watch Esther.

Last week for Thanksgiving we went down to Waldron and spent the day with my parents and my aunt and her family. But, we made a little detour down to Mena on the way to see some friends. This is Esther being inspected by Audrey (daughter of our good friend Sarah)

Here we are on Thanksgiving

Here is Esther in a new shirt that was sent to her from good friends of ours, Dylan and Molly, who live in India. It is really cute.

2 comments:

Kritter Krit said...

"Growing like kudzu" may be my new favorite expression. And, nope, not tired at all at the just-checking-in phone calls. ...I'm actually pretty impressed with the restraint you guys are showing! And, hey, the good thing about having someone who is video/camera obsessed watching your kid is, you may not miss a single thing! In fact, Esther's first words may be: "retina burn". Followed closely by her first sentence: "Kindly put the stinkin' camera away before I render it useless with spit-up!" Seriously, guys, thanks for entrusting your DOLL of a little girl to my care. I'm having such fun with her! :-)

P.S. I took some video footage today of her sucking on her hands and giggling. It's quite possibly the cutest video footage ever. I was going to send it to you while you were at work, but I thought you might put in your resignation notice when you saw it.

Molly said...

She is adorable! I'm so jealous that my family got to meet her! We'll definitely see her next year! She looks great in her Indian shirt!