Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Return of the Soap Box

It has been a long time since I have posted something on here that was soap boxish.  I used to do it a whole lot more often before we had the kiddos.  And most of you may not care or want to here my thoughts on current topics but I like to do it and it is my blog so I am going to anyway.
Over the past month or so there has been a couple big news stories about parenting, specifically mothering (see it kind of relates to the kids).  The first a few weeks ago was some person saying Mitt Romney's wife never had a real job.  This started the stay at home mom vs working mom debate and which is better.  Then last week, Time Magazine, trying to get someone to actually be interested in their magazine but a shock and awe picture of a 3 year old nursing a mom.  This picture and related article started the debate about attachment parenting, extended breast feeding, etc and which style of mothering is best.
Today, I came across a blog article that summed up my feelings on these issues pretty well so I thought I would pass it along for you all to read if you are interested.   Here is a link to the article,  please click on it and read it.....http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristen-howerton/mommy-wars_b_1510807.html

2 comments:

Kathy said...

She nailed it. There are lots of "right ways" to raise kids - let's stop the judging and put the focus where it needs to be! I'm standing on the soap box right beside you!

nectarine_girl said...

Love it!