Sunday, May 17, 2009

I'm Not Dead Yet

I know it has been a while since I have posted. Not a whole lot has been going on around here because it has been raining for it seems like forever. I was getting so tired of the rain. Finally though, the sun came out today and it is supposed to be sunny for the rest of the week. I thought I would give you all a mini garden update. The garden has not been doing so well. It has just been so wet for so long. It has rained about everyday for the past 3 weeks. Some of the plants seem to do ok with all the rain but most of them were not growing as well as they should be. And some of the plants even rotted and I had to replant. I hope this week of sun will get the garden back on track. Here are a few pics.

Here is a tomato plant, I think I put in 26 plants


Green Beans


Sugar Snap Peas


Our strawberries have also been getting ripe the past couple weeks, although a good portion of them are rotting before they get ripe because of so much rain


And I will leave you with a flower. I planted these in the fall so this is our first year to have them bloom. I really like them. It is an iris

No comments: