Thursday, September 24, 2009

Long Time No Post

It is not that nothing has been going around here, it is just that I am not sure what is blog worthy. So I will just hit on a few things in this post that have been going on.

One of the turkeys died (mostly because I killed it). It got sick and was not getting better, I am not sure what was making it sick. I decided to go ahead and put it out of it's misery. So, we are down to one turkey. I have discovered that I really like having turkeys, they are very interesting. They make funny noises and are easy to take care of. The one that is left hangs out with the goats all day.

Last weekend we went down to Mena with some friends. It was a really fun trip. One of the highlights was having to push the train while we were riding it on the mountain because the tracks were wet and it would not go up the hills. If this does not make sense to you (probably only Mena people will understand) then ask me about it sometime and I will explain it.

We bought some new chickens. A raccoon had killed a couple of ours so I decided to buy a few new ones. One of them is a Wyandotte which I have never had before. They have really cool markings on their feathers.

4 comments:

nectarine_girl said...

Does your turkey get protective? One of my friends when I went to Lincoln had this old turkey that was meaner than her German shepherds. It would go after the dogs if they messed with it. And any visitor...they'd have to call off the dogs and the turkey.

Josh and Margo said...

No, he is really nice. He follows me around when I am working outside.

Josh and Margo said...

No, he is really nice. He follows me around when I am working outside.

Kritter Krit said...

Laughed OUT LOUD at the train thing. Oh my gosh, I've always imagined EXACTLY THAT happening every time we ride that thing with Sophie! It just has that I-think-I-can-I-think-I-can quality about it. To know it couldn't...wow! Sophie would have been absolutely thrilled at the fabulousness of the whole adventure.

Please, please, pleeeeease tell me someone has a video of it. :-)