Friday, January 22, 2010

More Babies!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday when I got home from work we had a new baby goat. Our goat we call Fat Neck had a baby girl that weighed 7.05 lbs. I was hoping she would have twins like she did last year but no such luck. She is a really good mama though. She is one that I never have to worry about. After getting her all situated I went to the Razorback game last night (which we lost and was very disappointing). When I got home I went down to check on the babies and another goat had a baby while I was gone. This time it was our Black Nubian. This our first year to have her. She apparently had no problems either. The baby was all dried off and nursing. She is a very good mother as well. I will definitely keep her around. Her baby was also a little girl and weighed 6.23 lbs. Although I would prefer two babies each on these goats I am glad they both had girls and that they are good mothers. There is one kind of crazy thing about these babies though. There mama's are not related and not even the same kind of goat and their dad's are different and not the same kind of goat. So, none of the parents of these two babies are related or the same kind at all, yet they look almost alike. Isn't that crazy?

Now for your favorite part....the pictures.

This is Fat Neck's baby, we will call her Black Lip for now.






And this is Black Nubian's baby, we will call her black nose for now.



1 comment:

Margo said...

They are so cute! Crazy how much they look alike.