Wednesday, August 31, 2011

1 Year Anniversary

Today is a big day in our lives and will be for the rest of our lives. Today is our adoption anniversary day. One year ago today we went and got Esther and brought her home. You can read the story here, it is quite a story. Oh man, have our lives changed in a year. I can't even come close to telling you how blessed we are to have Esther. She is so amazing and we can't imagine life without her. She is the perfect example of how great God's plan is for our lives. I can not imagine any greater gift than Esther and I have learned so much about myself and about true love. I can't wait to see what the years to come will be like and what kind of person she will become.

Here is our first family picture the night we got home with her and surprised our church community group.

And here we are in the same location a year later.

2 comments:

kathy said...

You guys look great - and I love Esther's poochy belly! She is a blessing for all of us!!! Love you all.

anniemanis said...

I agree with mom - I haven't even met Esther, and she is such a blessing to me and a testimony of God's love! I have her "Adoption Day" on my calendar and we were celebrating with you guys yesterday. God is so good.