Monday, April 16, 2012

Update on the Girls

Clara is continuing to be more aware of herself and her surroundings. I can't say that she is making a lot of progress in the being happy area or the sleeping area but she is definitely growing up. She is starting to babble more, laugh some, improving her rolling over, grabbing her feet, and more. We also recently started giving her rice cereal which she is doing really good with. Here are some recent videos of her.

Here is a video of Clara eating solid food for the first time a few days ago.


This is Clara today starting to find her voice, not sure if that is a good thing or not.


Here is a pic of Clara hanging out on a blanket outside while Esther is playing.  The cat decided to hang out with Clara.


Esther has been growing up a lot recently also.  She is getting a lot more verbal.  We can almost have little conversations with her. She is really smart and knows lots of things. She is so much fun to play with. It is not all roses though,  she has lots of tantrums and drama. Basically when she is in a good mood it is awesome but when she is in a bad mood it is not much fun.  But overall she really is great.  It is fun watching her learn new stuff everyday.
Tonight she did something that was killing us it was so funny.  First some back story,  for a long time now she talks about Clara and goes around saying "baby, baby, baby",  so Margo and I when she would do this, would sing the only Justin Bieber we know "baby, baby, baby, ohhh" to her.  We have also taught her how to call the hogs a little.  And we have been having lots of flies in the house recently that I have been killing.  So put all of this together in Esther's mind and this is what happened tonight.  She was walking around the kitchen singing "baby, baby, oh;  baby, baby, oh........(while raising her hands)woooo pig sooie, backs;  wooooo pig sooie, backs; woooo pig sooie, backs......baby, baby, oh"  after about a minute or two of that she saw a fly on the floor and (I kid you not) walked up and really fast, stomped on it and killed it.  It was amazing and totally made my day. I wish I would have got a video of all of this going down. This is the kind of stuff that I love seeing her do and makes me really happy.

Here is a pic of Esther helping me while I cut radishes that I just picked from the garden.  Every time I would drop one in the bowl she was holding, she would say thank you.


I thought this was a good pic of her also from the other day. Who needs toys when you have a basket and dad's shoes. 

No comments: