Tuesday, July 03, 2012

RIP

Today is a sad day. If you keep up with the news you know that Andy Griffith died. A lot of kids and people have fictional heros like Superman, Batman, Don Quixote, Rocky Balboa, the list goes on and on. Well Andy Taylor (Andy Griffith's character on the the Andy Griffith Show) has always been one of mine. I watched reruns of that show almost as far back as I can remember. Even today if I come across a channel that has it on I almost always stop. I even own all the black and white seasons on DVD that I go through and watch every so often.  I always looked up to his character on the show and hoped that I could be like him. You probably have heard of the book "All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten". Well, I have been known to say, All I really need to know about parenting, I learned on the Andy Griffith Show. I always list the Andy Griffith show as one of my top 3 favorite shows of all time. It as truly great.
Here is a clip of one of Margo and I's favorite episodes. This clip is kind of long (8 minutes) but it is worth watching. The first part is really funny and the second part has a great parenting/life message.

No comments: