Sunday, March 31, 2013

Memorable Easter

I could not resist posting this picture. We had a pretty normal Easter overall today except that something funny/awesome happened for church. Every parent has ideas of how they would like their child to be or act. One of my things is that I (Josh) want our girls to be silly, have fun and to be themselves. I also think it would be great for them not to fill pressured to conform to ways of acting that don't really matter or don't make sense. I am kind of a rebel on things so it is not surprising that I want them to act like me. So when Esther begged to wear her Russian looking leopard print hat for Easter (the holiday where we celebrate Jesus resurrection by dressing kids in extra fancy new clothes to go to church and hunting eggs brought by bunnies) we said sure, why not. I know at the very least we made a great family memory today, the day Esther wore a leopard print hat to church for Easter, and that makes me really happy. I am willing to bet that in 10-20 years when we are reminiscing about all the years that have gone by we will still remember the time Esther wore a silly hat on Easter instead of not remembering Easter 2013 as anything special. 


No comments: