Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Snow

As the girls get older, there are more and more things that they are able to do/enjoy and that we can do together.  I don't want them to grow up too fast but I look forward to these things. One of those things is sledding.  When I was a kid, I loved sledding and it was one of my favorite things.  Then I grew up and I still loved sledding.
This past weekend, we got some really good snow...about 8 inches with a layer of ice underneath.  The girls were really excited about the snow and getting to play in it.  Unfortunately it was not good snow for snow balls and snowmen but it was great for sledding.  We have a great driveway for sledding at their age, steep enough to go pretty fast but not scary steep. The three of us piled on the sled and went down a few times.  The girls really enjoyed it.  We would have went a whole lot more but hauling two toddlers up the hill wears you out fast. I also got to take Esther down a few times just me and her and we laid down on the sled which is much faster and she loved it. We also got to make some snow angels and play some more before we had to go in from the cold. One thing I found out from our fun is that I am not as young as a used to be.  It hurt to sled and I was very sore the next day.
I really enjoyed our time in the snow and I look forward to even more fun as they get older and can do more.

Pulling the girls around

Sledding down the driveway

Snow angels

Our snowy view

No comments: