Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay

Actually my dad is the lumberjack and I'm am his sidekick, I think my sidekick name should be 'The chainsaw kid'. There were several large trees around our house that needed cutting, either they were dead, or were where the fence was going to go, or to close to the house, or close to power lines. Since it seems that I may not be the best tree cutter yet (see previous post of 'Death by Tree'), I decide to call my dad who has years of experience cutting down trees, and I have years of experience watching him cut down trees, which has made me come to the conclusion that I do not learn by watching someone else do something. Anyway, this past Saturday dad came over (6:30am) and we cut down all the trees that I needed help with. It was pretty interesting over all but went a lot faster than I thought it would. We had no deaths or trips to the hospital, no structural damage or loss of electricity, and only minor injuries, so I would say it was a pretty successful day. Margo took a couple of pics, and I thought they were very "epic" looking pictures. Like old pictures you see of your grandpa out working or standing by some amazing thing. So I made this one black and white to add to that affect. Also, here is a link to a great video and song about a lumberjack.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I do not learn by watching someone else do something."
hmm. glad you're not my nurse. :)

and yes, quite the epic shot. well done margo.