Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Cabrito

I finally did it. I killed one of our goats and butchered it. I did one of the little ones (the brown one) that were born a couple months ago. I have had goat several times before but I have never butchered one myself or done a young one. It is supposed to be the best if you eat them when they are young because the meat is more tender and tastes better. I am planning on barbecuing some of it as early as this weekend. I had to have my neighbor Mark come over and help me skin and butcher it. I have not skinned enough stuff to know what I am doing. He was really good at it and very helpful. I shot it in the head and it died instantly and never saw it coming so it wasn't a cruel death for all of you that have a concerned look on your face right now. Let me know if any of you want to come try it out when I cook it up. Here is a link to the pictures of us butchering it for any of you who want to see it. Just be warned, they are very graphic. Click here to see pictures. Please don't share with any people involved with PETA. I found a place online that sells cabrito and they charge $291 for a whole kid goat butchered. By the way, goat meat is the most eaten meat in the world so all of you should come try it so you can experience what the rest of the world eats.

2 comments:

John Nelson said...

I have a picture of Emma holding that goat...very sad. Nice pic of the head & spine!

Unknown said...

Wow ... I have actually never had goat meat. We need to come visit you guys and bring the kids along. I am sure our daughter Allie would love to watch the next animal execution :-0. But really, need to get these kids some farm life experience ... good times.