Sunday, November 11, 2007

The First Stop

We are officially on vacation. We are going to be gone for like 10 days. We told people we were going to Nashville, Tennessee and Philadelphia but we actually are in Greece right now, surprise. Here is a picture of us at the Parthenon.

Just kidding. This actually a full size replica of the Parthenon that they have in Nashville. We got to Nashville on Friday evening, we are staying with our friends Ben and Erika. On Friday night, we got to go see Ben's band Heypenny play a show. It was really good and fun, I highly recommend checking him out and buying a CD. On Saturday, we watched the Razorbacks suck at a really cool sports bar in town (as a side note, I hope Houston gets fired soon). On Saturday night we went down to the main street in Nashville and walked around and ate dinner. Then we went to one of the many honky tonks. It was a lot of fun and one of the most white places I have ever been.
Here are the honky tonks

This is inside

This is Margo and I honky tonkin like crazy, notice the boots in the background, the is the first place I have seen that uses cowboy boots for decoration.

Today, we went on a hike which was nice because the weather was good and the leaves were still changing. Then Margo and I went to the Country Music Hall of Fame. I don't really like very much country music except older stuff but it was fun and interesting. We also walked around downtown some and saw the sites (including the Ryman Auditorium).
Tomorrow, we fly out to Philadelphia for the rest of the week. As always, you can check out other pictures from the trip by clicking on the link on the right or click here. I will leave you with one more pic of Margo and I and Nashville in the background.

No comments: