Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Hand Update, Awesome Gift, and Video

Yesterday, I went back to the doctor for follow-up from my surgery. They took off the big bandage, took out the stitches, and put some steri-strips on. The stitches kind of hurt coming out. I have to take it easy with using that hand for another month but at least I can use it some and get it wet and stuff. It is still sore and a little bruised and swollen. Here is a pic of it now, the reason the incision is purple is because they marked where they were going to cut with a marker.


I got some good gifts for my birthday yesterday. One of them I wanted to highlight on here because it is really awesome. It is a Star Wars pop-up book that my friend Rebecca gave me. It is called Star Wars - A Pop-Up Guide to the Galaxy. I know some of you may think it sounds stupid but even if you don't like Star Wars, the pop-ups are amazing, they are very intricate and detailed. The last page even has Luke and Darth Vader pop-ups that are holding light sabers that actually light up. It is so awesome (have I mentioned it is awesome).

And finally here is a political video for all of you. For those of you who don't know I am a fan of Huckabee, I will probably devote an entire post to him at some point but I thought I would go ahead and post this, his first political TV ad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy late birthday! I am sorry we missed it. I will sing happy birthday to you now... Travis just asked me to stop. Sorry. I didn't make it far. Looking forward to seeing you guys soon!
Kate

JoAnna said...

um.. I can't figure out how to make the video on my blog from youtube. I can only seem to post a link. Can you tell me what to do, please??