Sunday, March 09, 2008

Goat Shelter

I spent this weekend building the goats a new shelter. This was one of my projects I wanted to get done before spring came. Part of the reason I wanted to build it is because I am putting up an electric fence as a cross fence. This will help in separating the animals when need be, such as when I want to wean the baby goats from their mothers or keeping the billy goat away from the nannies to control when they get bred. I am also working on planting new grass so I can keep the animals off the part I am planting to give it a chance to get established well before the animals start grazing on it. I built this on the opposite side of the property from the barn. It is 8'x8' and 5' tall at the highest. It turned out alright, definitely not my best work (due to some bad measurements and planning) but it will serve it's purpose.



In this picture you can see our house in the background.

1 comment:

genevieve said...

Cool... We need to build something for our goats... thanks for posting a pic.