Sunday, July 20, 2008

Birthday Trip

Margo requested that for her birthday we go to the Gentry Drive Through Safari. I have never been there and Margo had not been there in a long time. It is a pretty cool place for being in Gentry, better and bigger than I thought it would be, although I wish they did more educational type stuff instead of just looking at the animals and petting them. They have 180 acres with 85 different species. There is a drive through part with all the big animals in different places and then at the front area they have lots of animals that you can pet and feed and get close to.

This is in the drive through part, some big deer like things and this crazy guy in the back that you always see on the national geographic channel running around in Africa.


Camel that was basically touching our car.


Emu thing that was pecking at our window, we found out from this trip that Margo is afraid of large birds


I felt a little like we were in the drive through part of Jurassic Park, I kept waiting for T Rex come buy and eat a goat or something.


This is a baby zebra that was in the petting area, he was awesome. One picture that did not turn out was me in the lemur cage with lemurs climbing on me.


This is Margo petting a kangaroo, they are very soft.


Here is another kangaroo with a baby in its pouch.


These were one of my favorites, baby buffalo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am just wondering if I ever told you, Margo, Happy Birthday! I hope it was a great day. The Safari park looks to have dramatically improved since I was there years ago. We can't wait for you guys to come and visit! Take care!
Kate

Anonymous said...

Annika was just looking at your pictures. Most animals she said,"I don't like that." Then she said,"oh! I want to pet the kangawoo. It can boing...it can boing"