Saturday, August 30, 2008

Roller Coaster Heaven

On our first official day in Ohio we went with my sister and her kids to Cedar Point Amusement Park in Sandusky, Ohio. In case any you have not heard of it, it is the roller coaster capital of the world. They have 17 roller coasters, and 3 of the top ten steel roller coasters in the world. It was amazing. I don't know if I am getting to old or what but after about 5, I got a really bad headache and could not ride anymore coasters. It also could have been because we road this huge wooden roller coaster and for those of you who have not ridden a wooden one before, they are very rickety and bang you around. Here is the wooden one we road:


One kind of coaster I had never done before was one where you stand up in the cars. It was kind of crazy.
But our favorite was definitely Millennium Force.


It is their best and biggest and was rated the #2 roller coaster in the world in 2006. When it opened in like 2000 it broke 10 world records for a coaster including highest and fastest. It goes 310 feet in the air and 93mph. It was crazy amazing, I should have brought some 'Oops I crapped my pants' adult diapers. Here is a video of it that I found on youtube so you can experience it for yourself.


3 comments:

Kritter Krit said...

No, no, no, no, NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sorry, I realize in stating that (and not "COOL!") I'm further highlighting the fact that I am, indeed, OLD. But holy sweet adult diapers, there's no WAY I would enjoy that sucker.

93 miles an hour? That's nuts in a car...much less dangling from a track in the sky.

Glad you guys are having a good time. Tell Christy and the kids hi from us.

Anonymous said...

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! ld

Anonymous said...

wow. i wanna go there. also, if you took that first picture of the roller coaster, kudos.