Monday, September 01, 2008

German Day

It's day 3 of our little trip. Yesterday we did not do much. We went to church with my sister and her family and just hung out the rest of the day. Our original plans for our trip up here was to go to Niagara Falls for a couple days. But our friends we are going to see later in the week in Columbus had a death in the family so we had to re-arrange our plans. With the plan change we are not going to Niagara Falls but we did get to go to Cedar Point unlike we originally planned. Not going to Niagara will just give us an excuse to come back sometime to go up there. Back to today. Today we hung out with the family more since it was a holiday and the kids did not have school. We also got to go to an Oktoberfest in a local town. It is kind of weird that the Oktoberfest is in September but we read about it online and it looked like fun. So, we all packed up and went this afternoon. It was a pretty good time. They had lots of German food, arts and crafts, dancing, beer, and lederhosen. At this festival they also have the national championship wiener dog races. It was a fun local event. It made us think of Walt and Annie living in Germany, maybe Walt will start wearing lederhosen. Here are a few pics.

Here is my plate of food: 2 bratwurst (they were awesome), sauerkraut (I don't like sauerkraut, I tried it again just to make sure), and german potato salad


Here is me enjoying a brat, also if you notice I have some random facial hair, I decided not to shave this week and see how nasty of a beard I can grow.


Here is a wiener dog race

3 comments:

Russ said...

I am sure there is something that should be said about you enjoying that brat, but I will leave that to someone else. Tell Christy, Phillipe, Patrick and Isabelle that we said "Hi!" See you when you get home.

Anonymous said...

We are heading to Germany in December - I hope to see Walt and Steve in the lederhosen. There will be pictures.

John Nelson said...

I'm sure Russ was referring to ME when he left the brat-eating comment to someone else. But I'll refrain from making a phallic comment about you having a giant brat in your mouth. See! I'm refraining!