Monday, February 02, 2009

Chainsaw Massacre

We still don't have power. The power company said they hope to have 90% of the customers back with power by the end of the week. I hope I am in the 90%. I want to give a special thanks again to everyone that has helped us out and let us stay with you and cooked us meals. I also want to give an extra special thanks to everyone who came to the farm and helped us out on Saturday cleaning up limbs and trees. We had five people besides us helping out. We got a lot of stuff cleaned up, it would have taken Margo and I like three weeks to get done what we did on Saturday. I cut up trees for five hours straight while everyone else stacked brush. We also have been going around helping other people get their trees cut up and yards cleaned. I am so sore from sawing up trees, that is all I have been doing the past 3 days but there is so much more to do. I have never seen so many trees and limbs down.

Here we are out on the farm cleaning up on Saturday.

4 comments:

kate said...

We will pray you are in that 90%! And that God will give you strength to keep cutting! Just think- this will help you out with your bathing suit body! You'll be one step ahead. Please don't get too proud and go with a speedo. :)

Josh and Margo said...

That would be great if I could SWIM.

Kritter Krit said...

Oh, no, no, NOOOOOO! Speedo. Now that image is stuck in my head. Thanks for that one, Kate. ;)

Praying you're in the 90%, guys. But if not, you can come bunk-a-roo with us again anytime. Sophie may have even managed to pull over one or two of the trees that we have leaning, just so she can see you chainsaw some stuff. Woo!

Josh and Margo said...

I would never look as good as Dylan in a speedo.