Friday, January 30, 2009

Still No Power

Things finally started to thaw out today around here. There are still tons of streets closed because of trees down and still tons of people without power. All the schools are closed including the University because of no power and downed trees. My neighbor talked to the power company today and they told him it would be 1-3 weeks before we had power. So that sucks. We transported all our freezer and refrigerator stuff to our friends' who we are staying with freezer and refrigerator so we would not lose it all. I wanted to say a special thanks to everyone who has called and offered help and to let Margo and I come stay with you. You may be sorry you offered because we may be calling you when our current house hosts get tired of us. Several guys have called and offered to come help us clean up on the farm. So, we are having a clean up day on the farm tomorrow. Margo and I will be out there all day working on cleaning up trees and stuff. If anyone is bored, come on out and we will put you to work. We will have at least 2 chainsaws going. I am sad about losing so many trees. I had cleared a good portion of our land to get grass growing and help it look nice and I left all the trees I really liked and now they are mostly destroyed. I guess that is all I have for an update today on ice storm 2009.

3 comments:

B said...

we got our power back today. bj's parents who don't live far from you still don't have power and have been staying with us... 1-3 weeks...so sorry guys!!! I can't imagine, I thought 4 days was a long time!

B said...

thanks!! I think bj's dad is going to take care of it!! I think you'll have your hands full yourself! you guys have power yet?

Jessica said...

Still no power!! Ughh.. so sorry.. I feel for you. Hoping it comes back soon! : )