Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Farm of Hale is Worldwide

Sorry it has been a while since I have posted anything. We have had lots of stuff going on here at the farm but nothing too exciting. I will try to do better at posting more often. I wanted to tell you all something I think is amazing and really cool. On my last post about learning to farm I got a comment from a lady that said she was excited about the learn to farm opportunity but sad because she would not be able to attend because she lives in the UK. That's right another country, across the Atlantic. And it is not like this is one of our friends that lives over there, like Walt and Annie who live in Germany and read our blog (at least I think they do). This is someone I don't know and have never met before. Her name is Danielle Gohin and she is a science technician (teacher type person maybe?) at a school. She has a blog, click here to see it. Our blog is on her list of blogs she follows. I think this is really awesome that somebody that does not know us in a different part of the world follows our blog. It makes me wonder if there are other people out there who don't know us that follow our blog and I wonder how they came across it. If there is anyone else out there who reads our blog, who we don't know, I would love for you to leave a comment so I can find out if there are others out there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! Thanks for the shiny review. Its nice to be noticed.

As for my job, the American education system does not have an equivalent. In the UK, there is a huge emphasis placed upon hands on activities and demonstrations of scientific experiments and principles. From the simple germination of seeds, right through to getting students to genetically modify e-coli to glow under UV light. Science teacher teach, science technicians run the department. We get everything ready, we clean up, service equipment, make everything safe, prepare chemicals from industrial strength to bench strength. Look after animals and plants. The list is nearly endless.
You ask any science teacher in the UK worth their salt, and they will tell you that us Technicians are invaluable. (unfortunately, there are no science teachers in government finance, so we dont actually get paid that much)

Anyway, love your blog. Keep up the great work :)

Anonymous said...

j.roe... I definitely read your blog! (just am terrible about leaving comments).
Lots of love from Deutschland...
annie

Kristy said...

I read your blog!! =)

I'm from Mena, but went to Acorn so you probably don't know me. (That's not NEARLY as cool as being from the UK!)
I found your blog from Kristy's and think it is cool how much you guys do.

My husband and I are attempting our first raised beds so I am anxious to see how they turn out. I always am looking for tips, if you have more!