Tuesday, March 24, 2009

New Birds

On Sunday we acquired some new chickens and ducks. We had been looking for additional ducks for a while. We were down to one lone duck because something had caught our other two. We didn't really want to have to get babies and raise them but we were about to that point because we could not find adult ones for sale anywhere. Finally last week someone on craigslist advertised grown ducks for sale. When Margo called her she said she also had chickens for sale. So we bought all the ducks and chickens they had because the price was so good. We got 5 ducks (3 males and 2 females) and 9 chickens (1 rooster, 8 hens). Now we have a total of 15 chickens and 6 ducks. We are going to get rid of three of the chickens soon, I have traded them in exchange for borrowing a wood splitter for a few weeks from a friend at work. I am not sure if we will keep the rooster or not, it just depends on how annoying he is. We are getting a lot more eggs now. And I really like having ducks around, I like the sounds that they make.

Here are the ducks


Here are some of the new chickens

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

brown or white eggs?

Josh and Margo said...

brown, white, and speckled

Kristy said...

Yes, I know Greg and Chris! Chris, Tawaynea and I were really good friends in school, and now I'm friends with Jerusha and Greg too. They are great people!

No, I don't teach at Acorn. I'm at Van-Cove, but tying really hard to be either at Mena or Acorn. Less driving and my kids aren't going to Cove! ha ha.