Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Finally an update

It seems that I am doing a poor job at blogging on a regular basis. We have been extremely busy the past few weeks. I thought I would give you a quick update on what's new on the farm.

Our kittens are growing like weeds. They have left the barn and are now residing under the shop. They are eating solid food and playing like crazy. And they are really friendly. If you want one, you better claim it soon before they are gone.




I bought some new sheep last week. We did not really need more sheep (since I had just bought two a few weeks ago) but it was such a good deal that I could not pass them up. I bought six total, 2 boys and 4 girls. They are all mostly katahdin except for one and I am not sure what it is. I will sell the boys pretty soon because I do not need them and they were not castrated so I can't keep them around and eat them. I am really enjoying having the sheep around though, especially since they are pretty friendly.



The garden is growing like crazy. The asparagus is done producing but we are getting tons of sugar snap peas. And we got our first zucchini and yellow squash today so that was pretty exciting. We should have green beans soon also. I still need to make a post soon about a new gardening method I am trying.

That is all of the update that I have for now. I have another post in mind that I will put up tomorrow so stay tuned.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

My new favorite veggie is sugar snap peas! Are they easy to grow? I might keep that in mind for a future garden...

Rebecca said...

THE KITTENS ARE SOOOOOOO CUTE!!!! I LOVE THEM - MAYBE I CAN COME OUT ONE EVENING NEXT WEEK AND SEE THEM IN PERSON - =^..^=