Saturday, March 03, 2007

Meet Jake

Our collection of animals got a little bigger today. I have been wanting to get another dog, one that is more aggressive and protective. I like our current dog Macy just fine but she is pretty much worthless as a farm dog. She does not bark when people drive up or other dogs come around. She roams over to the neighbors houses. She is just too friendly. I happened to see an add in the Star Shopper this past week for a free 1 year old dog, and it was the exact breed that I have been wanting. The owner was getting rid of it because they weren't home enough to give it the kind of attention it needs and it needed more room to run and play which we have plenty of. The new dog is a red Australian Cattle Dog (aka red heeler) and his name is Jake. He definitely is going to be more protective because he is already barking at stuff, the only bad thing is he is not used to us being his master (I love calling myself the master, if only Margo would call me that) so he barks at us. But I think he will be great once he gets used to us and the new place as long as Macy does not lead him to the dark side. Here are some pics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does he only bark when you call yourself master, Josh? Maybe it is actually a dog laugh rather than a bark.....or maybe he sees you as the evil, menacing tyrant that you really are....
Seriously - very good looking pup!
Debbie