Tuesday, October 16, 2007

It's Almost Time

As I am sure most of you know, it has been getting pretty chilly at night around here. It won't be long until real cold weather is here. And you know what that means. We get to start having fires in the wood stove. So, tonight Margo and I prepared the wood stove for the winter. Basically this entails detaching the stove pipe from the wood stove and me getting on the roof and shoving a large round wire brush-like thing down the stovepipe to clean all of the creosote out so that it does not build up and then catch the house on fire. While I am doing this, Margo is in the house holding a bag under the pipe to catch all the falling particles. It is not very hard to do. Now we are ready to have a fire whenever it gets cold enough. It is so nice to sit inside and watch the fire crackle while it is cold outside, there is something soothing about it. And we can make smores every night, inside.



I also have an update on the wood for sale. I started with 10 ricks and have sold 9!!! I stacked 4 new ones so I currently have 5 ricks for sale. It looks like the money we make from the wood is going to be enough to pay for our vacation in November.

2 comments:

B said...

Can't wait until it gets cold!!!

Travis said...

Hey Josh - got your post on our blog! You're right, we gotta catch up soon. I'm adding you to the blogroll...cool?