Friday, October 05, 2007

Finally Finished Clearing

I finished a project the other day that I have been working on all summer. Most of our 10 acres is wooded and I want to eventually clear out some of it to get more grass growing so it will support more animals. I am going to leave quite a bit of it wooded but I want the wooded area to be semi clear with just the bigger trees left so it has a "park-like" feel to it. So this summer I have been clearing out all the underbrush, junk trees, and dead trees to make all the property cleaner looking and more "park-like". I finally finished and it looks a lot better. I still have to go back and clear out the bigger trees in the areas I want to grow grass but I am happy to get this first phase of clearing finished for all of the property. Just to give you an idea of how much I cleared, we counted the brush piles that I had stacked up with all the stuff I cut and we counted right around 40 brush piles. I thought that was pretty impressive, if I do say so myself.

This is after being cleared of the underbrush

1 comment:

John Nelson said...

Holy Stump Removal, Batman!

That's a lot of work...I'm glad you enjoy doing it, because I got tired and broke a sweat just thinking about doing all the work you did.