Monday, April 28, 2008

Burnin' Tree of Fire

We don't seem to have a lot to blog about these days. Not much has been going on besides the daily grind of work. Margo was gone all last week to Iowa for work. I am glad she is back now. There is not much happening on the farm either. Just doing lots of little things. The garden is coming along. So far I have planted garlic, onions, sugar snap peas, corn, green beans, squash, cucumbers, zucchini, cantaloup, and luffa gourds. Tomorrow I am going to plant my tomatoes and peppers. I will try to post some pictures when everything starts growing. Today, I took most of the day off from work because one of the doctors I work with called in sick so we canceled clinic and there was nothing for me to do so I went home. It was nice and it helped me catch up on doing some stuff around the farm. Margo took off as well because she had lots of extra hours from last week. One of the things I did today is burn a couple of brush piles. One of the brush piles I had stacked around an old dead tree trunk that was still standing so that when I burned the pile it would burn down the tree as well. It was really fun, Margo and I sat and watched it burn until the tree trunk fell over. It was very exciting. That is the kind of thing that is fun to me, not video games and ipods, just watching a big tree trunk burn. I took some pictures so all of you could see.

Here is the brush pile after it had burned down quite a bit. You can see the tree trunk was pretty tall, the whole thing is on fire at this point.


Here is a closer shot of the top part.


And here is an even closer shot right before it fell, it had burned through the middle where you could see through it while it was on fire. I think this is a really cool picture.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like something from Survivor. Did you make Margo climb it or anything?

Josh and Margo said...

I just made her dance around it naked.

Russ said...

Great fire, Josh! I guess it is clear that you are not the tree-hugging kind of environmentalist anyway.