Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Entertainment

I thought I would take a break from talking about the farm and recommend some music and a movie for all of you.

To start with I wanted to recommend some music and a movie to all of you. The first music I wanted to recommend is a girl named Regina Spektor . We have been listening to her for several months and we really dig her music. We saw her on Letterman one night and loved it and now have a couple of her albums. She is starting to get pretty popular, her music has been used for some commercials and movies. Click here to go to her myspace page and listen to some of her music. The next band I wanted to tell you about is Arcade Fire. They are an indie rock band and their music is excellent and their lyrics are amazing. Our friend Ben got us hooked on them. They have like 6+ people in the band and on stage playing all kinds of instruments like violins, horns, accordion, and others. They have played with some really good people like Bruce Springsteen and David Bowie as well. Their newest album, Neon Bible is our favorite. Here is a video of them playing one of their songs with David Bowie.



And the final music recommendation I have for you is a new album. The group is called She and Him. The she part of the group is Zooey Deschanel. She is the main actress in the movie Elf that sings. I thought her voice was amazing in the movie and hoped that she would do some music sometime and she finally has. A big thanks to Travis for putting it on his blog and letting us know about it. She has been in several other good movies and is going to be the main actress in M. Night Shyamalan's new moving The Happening coming out in June. Click here to go to their myspace page and listen to some of their music.

I also wanted to recommend a movie to all of you as well in case some of you may not have heard of it yet. I think everyone would like this movie. It is called Once. It is an independent type movie and is about a singer songwriter guy that meets a girl and they form a relationship and make some music together. The whole movie is so great and the music is truly awesome. It is music that the main characters actually wrote and played. They won an Oscar for best original song in a motion picture. I really want all of you who have not seen it to go out and rent it, it is one of those movies that just make you feel great and everyone should see it. (You may have to turn on subtitles because their accents are a little hard to understand at times.)

Let me know what you think about all these people and feel free to leave suggestions for me on music or movies.

2 comments:

John Nelson said...

Todd shared the soundtrack album of Once with me (Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova) and it's really fantastic. It makes me want to see the movie.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I want to hear about the trip to cancun. I dream of going everday! It helps me get through the day. I am not sure I have your or Margo's new e-mail, so I went this route.