Monday, April 14, 2008

Stimulation

In case any of you have not heard, George W. and congress have decided to give us a stimulus package this year (May). Margo and I as a couple will be receiving $1200. I have mixed feelings on the stimulus package. I understand that they are doing it; to try to help the economy do better. The main problem I have with it is the little letters they sent out that I am sure you all received that told you that you will be getting an extra tax refund stimulus and that all you have to do is file your normal tax return. The problem I have with that is that it cost over $42 million to mail those letters out and unless you live under a rock you already knew that you were getting it. I think that was a big waste of taxpayer money and useless government spending that could be used for better things like education, roads, or reducing the national debt. But don't get me wrong, I do like to get the unexpected money. The other thing I am worried about is if this stimulus is actually going to help much. I am not an economist so I don't have any expertise on this matter. I do hope that you all use all or at least a portion of it to buy some stuff since that is what it is intended for. I understand if you need to pay off debt because that is more important but if not I think everyone should spend the money so it might help the economy because that would be good for everyone. And to take it one step further if you do decide to spend it, try to use it to by stuff made in America. Normally, I don't really pay attention to where stuff is made but I think in this instance it would be most beneficial to buy American since it's main purpose is to help our economy. If you buy something made in China or Mexico, it will help our economy some but it will also help that country's economy and if it is made here it is a win, win, win for the U.S. Ok, this is becoming to long of a post and I have not even got to my main point yet. So today, I spent part of my stimulus money (yes, I am already spending it and it has not arrived yet). We have been wanting to buy a small trailer for a while. We haul a lot of stuff and it would make it a lot easier to have my own trailer. We had been looking for a while mostly in the classifieds for a used one. Today, I found a new one that was actually cheaper than any I had seen for sale used. I bought it at Ranalli Farm Equipment in Tontitown. It is 10'x6' and has a tilt bed. I wanted a tilt bed because it makes it easier to load and unload stuff like lawn mowers and 4-wheelers because you don't need ramps. Here is a pic of it.



Let me know if any of you need help hauling something. I wanted to give a shout out to my father-in-law David for his expertise and coming with me to look at the trailer. I also wanted to give a shout out to George and our friends on the Hill for the stimulation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the time. Some of us don't have real jobs. It's suppose to be cold and crappy anyway.

If you're really wanting to haul something in your new trailer how about some mulch? I'll pay gas money and whatever other costs. No pressure though.