Sunday, April 20, 2008

New Fish

I decided to restock my pond a little bit. I want to make sure that there are always plenty of catfish in my pond because that is what people like to catch the most and Margo and I catch them and eat them occasionally. On Saturday, the fish truck was at the Farmers Co-op so I went and bought some fish. I bought 50 6"-8" catfish and 100 bluegill. The catfish will eat the small bluegill while they are growing and the bluegill that survive are fun and easy to catch. I already have some full size blue gill in the pond. I decided to put about 10 catfish and some of the bluegill in my other little pond that I share with the neighbor just to see how they do. You are all welcome to come out and fish anytime. Here is a pic of the little catfish.



In other news, Margo is gone this week to some training so it is just me and the animals. I planted some in the garden today without a shirt on and got sunburned. It is this kind of thing that makes me appreciated having another person around. It is next to impossible to put aloe on your own back and the goats aren't much help with it either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute little fishies, I hope they all make it. Sorry I'm not there to help you with your sunburn :(
Margo