Thursday, October 23, 2008

Help me, Help my garden

I think fall has officially sprung. I think fall might be my favorite season. The weather has turned kind of cold. If fact tonight we made our first fire in the wood stove. Having a fire inside means we can have smores whenever we want. Very Nice. Another great thing about fall is the leaves changing which brings me to my main point. Have you ever asked yourself....How can I help the Farm of Hale? The answer is simple: donate. Donate leaves. I use lots of leaves for mulch in my garden. I have a chipper/shredder that I run them through and put them in a big pile until I am ready to use them. I have lots of leaves out here on the farm to use but that requires me raking them which I don't mind doing if I have to. But I know that a lot of people rake their leaves to make their yards look nice and then they bag them and have them hauled off. If any of you who read this do rake and bag your leaves and live close to Fayetteville, I would like to have them. I will come get them. Or you are welcome to bring them out here to us and in exchange I will give you a free personal tour of the farm and maybe a free meal (if it is meal time).

1 comment:

Allison Nelson said...

All the leaves we bagged yesterday should still b on the curb at 2004 Ina. It is right off of Gutensohn in Springdale. They are just waiting to be taken by the city.