Thursday, October 02, 2008

Keep the vampires at bay

As some of you may remember I planted way to much garlic this year. We used some of it in our salsa and spaghetti sauce canning. I also used some to plant for next year. But we still have lots and lots left, more than we will ever use before we harvest next summer. So, I thought I would offer it to you my loyal readers if you want any. The best time to plant it in my opinion is in the fall and probably sometime in the next couple weeks. You can also plant it in the early spring but I don't think it gets as big. If any of you want some to plant for next year in your garden or flower beds let me know. You can come and get it or I can bring it to you.

2 comments:

kate said...

I'll take it! Oh wait, I just bought a huge container like you suggested at Sam's. Do you freeze it whole or chop it up first?

JoAnna said...

Dang it! We just traveled four hours for garlic... and didn't get any. Guess that means you get to bring it to us now. ;)