Monday, October 11, 2010

Esther's World

I thought I would post some pictures of Esther's room now that we have it pretty much set up (it was one of our guest rooms before). I still need to hang some stuff on the walls. It took a while to get it set up since she was such a surprise and we had nothing ready. I was in the middle of painting the furniture for her room when we got the call about her.

We bought the little bookshelf for her. We love books (even though I don't read a whole lot) and have got a pretty good collection going for her. We have started reading to her some, I can't wait until she gets old enough to understand. The rocking chair was my grandmother's rocking chair so it means a lot to me. It is kind of hard to see but the canvas on top of the bookshelf with Esther's name was made by a good friend and is really cute.

Here is her crib and changing table. Some awesome friends gave them to us and I repainted them. I also repainted the dressers that were in this room to make everything the same color and somewhat match.

The little wooden cross above the bed is a dutch cradle cross that one of my good friend's dad got for us. We really liked it.

This is a canvas painting a girl at our church did and gave to us. It is really awesome, Margo cried.

I also thought I would post a picture of Esther's favorite place to be, from her perspective. She loves her swing and this is her view. It is a toucan, a monkey, and a frog that spin around.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I want to live in Esther's World! It all looks perfectly adorable!

Dani said...

The room looks beautiful.

Kritter Krit said...

I can see why Margo cried over the sweet painting. I got a little teary myself. As for the dangly frog, toucan, and monkey - I'm pretty sure I could be happy as pie staring up at that all day...I mean, if I were Esther. :-)

Kritter Krit said...

P.S Esther may have to fight the pumpkin for a spot in the swing. Since we had you guys over the other day, Sophie has devoted some serious daily time to making sure the pumpkin is content. It's seat-belted in, listening to a variety of very soothing tunes.

Emily said...

I love her room! And, I really miss baby Esther.