Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sleep!!!!!!!!

I don't know if it is a fluke or not but on Friday night, Esther slept for 7 hours straight. And last night she went 6 hours. She had only been going 4 hours for the past few weeks. If this continues it would be awesome. She is now sleeping in her own room which helps me sleep more because I am such a light sleeper, which meant I did not sleep much when she was in our room. We have also started swaddling at night when she sleeps. We could not do it when she was younger because she could get out of it so easy but now that she is bigger it works better.

Here are some new pics. Which by the way, I have a random question for you pertaining to pictures. I feel like we (and people in general) take too many pictures these days. For instance, we have taken over 300 pictures of Esther so far. After I take them, I put them in a folder on my computer and then at the end of the year I back them up on my large capacity external hard drive. I just wonder if I will ever look through all of these pictures in the future. And it is just not of Esther. Pictures of the farm, vacations, holidays, etc. Will Esther ever care to look at all the pictures we have taken over the years? Will they get passed on to future generations? I cherish old pictures of my ancestors. It is really awesome to see how they looked back then. But there are very few pictures of them. If there were hundreds of pictures I think I would still be interested but only of the good ones/interesting ones or the ones with lots of people in them. I am just worried that we have so many these days that it is just too overwhelming to go back and try to look at them. Any thoughts? I know, I know you just want me to shut up and to show you pics of Esther.

She is so very sweet, how could you not love this little girl to death.

Rockin some awesome hair

She smiles a lot at us these days but it is hard to catch on camera. She also likes to smirk.

Out like a light

Here is the baby burrito in her swaddle blanket

3 comments:

B said...

here are my thoughts on photos--I think you should make photo books with your digial photos--every year, compile them in a digital book. We just print less, but if we pick the best ones, favorite ones, from the year and put them in a digital book--and keep those, they will become keepsakes.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us all up to date with new pictures! Esther is beautiful, and it is wonderful reading about your family.

Blessings,
Joshua Ayres

Anonymous said...

I would just save the best pictures forever and ever. Pictures are awesome memories.

The bundling thing looks like a baby straight-jacket - hahaha - that picture is a keeper for sure so she can see how you tormented her when she was young and defenseless - lol
Debbie D