Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Toys

Margo and I went to a couple consignment type sales for children's clothes and toys. We found a few clothing items but we also came across a couple toys we could not pass up. As some of you may know, Margo and I really like old stuff/antiques. I don't know if Esther will also, but we will do what we can to push her in that direction. I think these types of toys are much better than the electronic noise makers they make today.

Margo and I both had one of these growing up. It is a Fisher Price School Days Desk. It has a magnetized chalkboard and comes with magnetic letters and cards with simple words you can trace with chalk on the chalkboard. It is missing a few letters but we were really excited to find it. It was made in 1972


This one Margo found. It is the Fisher Price Two Tune TV. It is from 1966 and you wind up the yellow knob and it plays row, row, row your boat and london bridge while the picture stories with words scroll across the screen. They still make this today as a "retro toy"

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

There is a website I order from sometimes that you might like:

http://www.backtobasicstoys.com/

kathy said...

I saved our School Days Desk for our grandkids - it has most of the letters still too! It was a great toy. I tried to buy a doll for Audrey's birthday and every store I tried only sold dolls that required batteries and made some sort of creepy noise or bounced around and trembled in some very unnatural ways. What ever happened to soft baby dolls that just lay there and beg to be cuddled!

Chrissi said...

I love the halloween duds. I also had both of those toys and as far as I remember, loved to play with them! She has changed so much since first becoming a Hale!