Monday, October 11, 2010

I might be a felon

Before I get to the felon thing I wanted to share a funny video. Do you remember the funny old spice commercial that came out several months ago? Here is a link. Well Sesame Street made a spoof of it that I thought was pretty funny so I thought I would share.



Now to the felon thing. Over the weekend, four kids (ages 17-21) got arrested and charged with a felony for making a sparkler bomb and setting it off in an empty field on private property (read news story here) in Farmington. If you don't know what a sparkler bomb is, it is when you tape a bunch of sparklers together with duct tape or electrical tape and light them. It makes a loud explosion. You can search it on youtube and find hundreds of videos of it (you might even find one of me and another guy(who I won't name since we might be felons)). I can't tell you how many times I have made these. I think it is ridiculous that they would be charged with a felony. I think the Farmington police are being stupid like small town police can be and I hope the prosecutor does not follow through with the charges.

4 comments:

Megan said...

We are pretty sure that one of the young men who are accused is the son of some people in our church. I feel bad for them, but whether or not its a felony, it's still not a good idea to make one of these things.

Josh and Margo said...

I don't think young kids should make them but I don't see it as any big deal. They are a lot less powerful than the big fireworks that they sell to anyone. They did it in a big field on private property. As long as it is not where they can hurt anyone else, I see no problem. If they get hurt it is their own problem.

kathy said...

Dear felon Josh,
Please do not teach this to Esther, however, next time we come for a visit, please teach me.
Love, Tina Turner
PS, Ike wants to watch.

Kritter Krit said...

Yep. Wet my pants over Kathy's comment.