Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I'm like Jesus

Before Margo and I moved to the farm we sold our bedroom dressers and planned on buying some nicer ones. Well, since we have been here our dressers have been cardboard boxes, which I don't mind so much but Margo hates. We went shopping for dressers a couple times but did not find anything that would work. Our problem was I built our bed frame last year. It is made of wild cheery wood off of my dad's old farm and is styled after a bed in pottery barn that Margo likes. Here is a pic.



As you can imagine it is hard to find dressers to match it. I thought about building dressers but drawers are very hard to make. My brother offered me some dressers (dresser, chest of drawers, and bedside table) he had that he was going to get rid of. They were kind of ugly (no offense Zack and Joanna) but I thought I would see if I could redo them to make them work in our bedroom and match the bed. So. I went to my dad's to get some cherry wood that he still had from his old farm to make new tops and trim out of and I also decided to build a TV stand and another bedside table. I spent the better part of a day cutting and planing the wood at dad's house and have been working on building them this past week. So here are some before and after pics.

Here is the dresser ( I have not completed the mirror yet)


Here is the chest of drawers


Here is the matching bedside table, the other bedside table I made, and the TV stand



Well, there you go. I want to give a shout out to my dad for giving me the wood, letting me use his tools, and helping me plane the boards. Also a shout out to Zack and Joanna for the furniture and to John for helping me carry it upstairs. Anyway, Margo is happy now, which is the important thing. Speaking of that here is a song for all you married guys out there, click here, it starts playing automatically.

3 comments:

B said...

You are very talented Josh! If you ever get tired of Nursing, I'm sure you could have a very lucrative career in woodworking...

Anonymous said...

Josh,
I am amazed with your many talents & energy to complete all that you do! These look great. ld

John Nelson said...

huh-huh! You said "wood" a lot.