Sunday, February 11, 2007

We're not in Kansas any more, thank the Lord

Well, we left the farm yesterday and started our vacation. We drove forever through hell (Kansas) and reached our destination of Denver last night. It was an interesting trip filled with great peril (not really, I just wanted to use that word). We made it from West Fork to Annie and Walt's house in Denver in 12 hours which is pretty good time I think. Kansas was very boring to drive through and I don't think I would want to live in there. There was like 1-2 feet of snow on the ground which was kind of cool considering I have never seen more than a foot of snow before. I have also never seen more anti-abortion signs in my entire life either than what there were along the interstate in Kansas. The big news of the drive though was.....I got a speeding ticket. As most of you know, I drive really fast and I have never gotten a speeding ticket. That streak came to an end yesterday in Kansas. The cop got me at 83mph in a 70mph zone which equaled $114. I am just glad he didn't get me when I was going faster. I tried to cry my way out of the ticket but that didn't work(just kidding). The other big news from Kansas is they have the world's biggest prairie dog. Very exciting. Today we are just going to hang out with Walt and Annie. We went to church this morning with them and that was pretty cool. As a visitor we got a free Nalgene bottle which I thought was very Denverish and for lunch we had Ethiopian food which wasn't to bad. Tomorrow is our big day of skiing which should be very interesting. I decided to make a picasa web album to put all our vacation pictures in so everyone can see them. There is a link on the right named "pictures" that will take you there.

1 comment:

John Nelson said...

I have never stopped to see the giant prairie dog. I just figured it was a big fat man "prairie-doggin' it", and that wouldn't be worth the stop.

Glad to know it's a statue...I've had really disturbing images in my head wondering what it really was.