Saturday, May 12, 2007

Snakes on a Farm

Well, summer is here. You know what that means. Besides me wearing a speedo. The snakes are out. I don't want this to deter any of you from coming to visit us, but I have killed 3 snakes so far. I guess that is what happens when you live in the country. The good thing is that none of them were poisonous. I have killed a black snake, a spreading adder otherwise known as a hognose, and a milksnake. I killed the milksnake today but I got a pic before I did.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patrick thought the picture was cool. He wished we had snakes here in Jersey. Isabelle wondered why you killed snakes if they weren't poisonous....

John Nelson said...

KILL `EM ALL!!

I hate snakes. And spiders. And the mental image I got of you in a speedo.

Anonymous said...

I walked out on our patio and there was a baby rattlesnake; at least I thought it was. It was pretty dark like a cotton mouth. Let me tell you that thing was FAST. I finally got it in a bucket and forgot about it until the next morning. Josh and I googled pictures and he said "where's a josh hale when you need him?". I thought it was a garter snake but it didn't have the stripe. Do all garter snakes have stripes?

Megan said...

Keep it up!!! We're coming to visit tomorrow, and I expect a snake-free path to the door:).

Your snake-o-phobic brother-in-law's wife,
Meg

TE said...

For a man that aspires to be the next 'Ole McDonald, I thought you would appreciate non-venomous snakes. As they eat insects and small rodents...? Killing harmless creatures without any reason only serves to tip the balance of your ecosystem.