Saturday, August 11, 2007

Come use the bathroom

If any of you don't know, it is hot outside, extremely hot. It is supposed to be 105 degrees today with the heat index. Since it has been so hot outside lately, we have been doing work on the inside of the house. We are going room to room redecorating, painting, etc. We haven't really changed anything inside the house up until this point. Our first room we started with was the downstairs bathroom. We painted the walls a light yellow, painted the vanity a blue/gray, got new hardware, new light fixture, new toilet seat, new mirror, and new shower curtain and towels. It is much better now. Here are some before and after pictures.






I always like to find new or different ways of doing things. We were looking at knobs to replace on the vanity, we wanted silver ones instead of gold. Well, new cabinet knobs cost between $2-$4 each. I think this is highway robbery for little plain knobs to cost so much. I got to looking around and found some eye hooks with a bolt end that I thought would look good as knobs. Margo was not so sure and it took some convincing to get her to let me try them. They actually turned out looking really good, even Margo likes them. And get this, they cost 50 cents each. So instead of paying around $18 for knobs, I paid $3. I was pretty proud of my idea that worked out.


2 comments:

B said...

what a great idea, the knobs look great, very modern and cute!

Anonymous said...

that cat video is crazy.