Monday, August 06, 2007

Land of the Grayhair

This past weekend we went to the Vegas of the bible belt: Branson. Personally, I'll take Vegas anytime. We went with some friends of ours, John and Allison, and their two kids, Emma and Brooklyn. John's parents have a condo there and we stayed there (for free). Our main purpose for going was to go to Silver Dollar City (also free because we had free passes) because I had never been there and apparently everyone thought it was my kind of place. We rode some rides which were pretty fun. The best part was seeing all the craftsman making their crafts and shopping at all the stores with old-timey stuff. As a lot of you know, I like old-timey stuff. We saw a glass blower, wood carver, blacksmith, basket maker, broom maker, candy maker, baker, and candlestick maker. I got to talk to the basket maker and broom maker for a long time and learned a lot. I really enjoyed it, I would love to be one of those guys one day. We bought a few things from the craftsman made there: a oldschool broom, a dumpling cutter rolling pin , a pot cleaner, and my personal favorite a tomahawk. My plan is to learn how to throw it like Native Americans. We also went to Celebration City which was pretty fun, it is kind of like a carnival. All in all, it was a good weekend and it was really nice just to get away and hang out with friends. I want to give a big shout out to the Nelsons (old and young) for helping us have a great weekend.

Here is a pic of us a Silver Dollar City.


While on one of the roller coasters, I took a disposable camera and tried to hold it facing us and take pictures while we were riding. They kind of turned out so I thought I would post a couple. Let me explain that roller coasters and I have a love/hate relationship. I hate them while riding them but after riding, deep down I really love the thrill of riding them. I was not trying to make a face in this picture, this is really what I look like when I am riding, just ask Margo.



3 comments:

Allison Nelson said...

That is what you look like as the ride is slowing down too! Wow, I'm still laughing.
It was a fun weekend. Thanks for going with us and putting up with our slow pace.

Megan said...

I actually snorted a little looking at these pics :). Freakin' hysterical!

Anonymous said...

Wow. that was really funny.