Friday, September 28, 2007

New Again

Another one of my favorite things to do is to take old, worn out things and fix them up or make them into something new. And I love antiques, especially if they are sentimental. Anyway, a few months ago my Aunt Diane gave my an old wheeled plow that was my great grandfather's. I was very excited to get it. It was not in the best shape, the handles were mostly rotten but the metal part was still in pretty good shape, just a little rusty. So I finally got around to fixing it up the past couple days. I didn't know if I was going to find any new handles for it since it is old, and thought I might have to make them myself, but I happened across some at the farmers co-op the other day. I don't know that I will use it as a plow but I think it will look really good as decoration in my big flower bed when I get it in. Here are some pics.

Before

After

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Cool!

Anonymous said...

do you mean Kawasaki or a Hale mule Travis?
DED

B said...

where is throwback thursday?