Thursday, January 10, 2008

Another Project Complete

For the past week or so, I have been working on a pretty big project that I am very happy to have completed. Our house does not have a lot of extra storage areas like big closets or an attic and we needed some extra storage space. There is a big enclosed room down in the shop/carport and I use most of this room to store all my tools and to work on all my little projects. I decided to divide off a small portion of this area to make into a storage room for all of our stuff we don't use very much but still want to keep. Things like Christmas decorations, camping gear, fishing gear, canning stuff, paraphernalia from the past, and other such things. The small storage room I built was approximately 5'x12'. I have never really added a room or built walls by myself before, I have just helped my father do it, so this was my first solo project of this type. I also decided while I was working on the shop to do some rewiring in the shop and add a light to my new room. Overall, the room turned out pretty good. It is not perfect but it will totally fulfill it's purpose. I am so happy to have it complete because I am a big fan of organization and this will help to get all that extra stuff organized and in a place all it's own instead of spread around in different places where we found extra space.

Here is me working on putting up a wall


Here is one end of the new room


Here is the other end, one door goes to the outside and the other one goes into the main part of the shop.


I also thought I would let you know that I am getting rid of the Video of the Day section that has been in the side column of the blog. From now on, if I come across a really good video I want to share, I will just add it to my main post.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Is it imperative to model your hands as bear paws when putting up walls?? Just checking for future reference.